So here we are, middle of week nine. Two and a half weeks more of this quarter that has beaten me down, exhausted me, and through it all taught me a lot and made me stronger.
I want it to be over now…but of course, I wanted it to be over right after it began to, so since I have gotten this far, might as well finish it out victorious, right?
I have been looking a lot at this blog today: http://loveandpine.tumblr.com/ which has been really inspiring (and distracting from the heavier problems of the day). And on it I found a piece of wisdom that is amusing as well as helpful.
The 30 steps to mastery
2. Keep going.
3. You think you’re starting to get the hang of it.
4. You see someone else’s work and feel undeniable misery.
5. Keep going.
6. Keep going.
7. You feel like maybe, possibly, you kinda got it now.
8. You don’t.
9. Keep going.
10. You ask for someone else’s opinion — their response is standoffish, though polite.
12. Keep going.
13. Keep going.
14. You ask someone else’s opinion — their response is favorable.
15. They have no idea what they’re talking about.
16. Keep going.
17. You feel semi-kinda favorable and maybe even a little proud of what you can do now.
18. Self-loathing chastisement.
20. Keep going.
21. You ask someone else’s opinion — they respond quite favorably.
22. They’re still wrong.
24. Keep going though you can’t possibly imagine why.
25. Become restless.
26. Receive some measure of praise from a trustworthy opinion.
27. They’re still fucking wrong (Right?)
28. Keep going just because there’s nothing else to do.
29. Mastery arrives, you mistake it for a gust of wind.
30. Keep. Fucking. Going.
That’s simple enough, right? I think it’s pretty applicable as well– I just need to keep going. We all do. I want to get to Spring, I want to be happier, I want to finish my degree, I want to make it out of this business planning competition alive, I want to find love. Well– Keep going.
As Confucius dictated: “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
The end is in sight! Hope is always to be found! So no matter what it is that you are going through, keep going.
“If you are going through Hell, keep going.” —Winston Churchill
I hope all of you find peace, and – of course – the strength to keep trying.
Namaste — Kira