I know I am not the most consistent blogger; in fact I make very rare appearances on wordpress, and I hope to work at that this year.
However, today I just wanted to make a list of things that I am really enjoying in my life right now. It is important to recognize, acknowledge, and give thanks for the beautiful things we have, that make us happy. So I guess you can call this a “stopping to smell the roses” post!
Things I like:
- -“Blood Bank” by Bon Iver
- -The Hype Machine (a site for music finding)
- -Feeling alive when I do Yoga
- -Walking downtown listening to my iPod
- -New classes filled with potential
- -My friends Maile and Lauren
- -My bed in the cold mornings with my new blanket
- -Playing ukulele with my friends who got ukuleles for Christmas
- -My “new” boots from Goodwill
- -How easily I make friends at a new school
- -The excitement of a new, blank day planner
- -Late night talks with my Role Model cousin Kyla
- -Recycled notebooks
- -Writing letters to sweet old ladies from my church
- -My roommate and her awesome attitude about life
- -The potential of going to Guatemala this year
- -The new Sara Bareilles album, “Kaleidoscope Heart”
- -Letting go of old mindsets about myself, and being content with who I am
- -I have a God of Peace and Strength, which, it just so happens, I need right now
Thanks for looking at the things I am currently digging in my life! It makes me happy to read over this list and know I will be ok, and even happy with what I have, who I am, and where I am at right now.
Namaste, and blessings to you all for the Newness of 2011,